Monday 8 June 2015

Outward bound taiwan


This trip has been nothing short of insightful new experiences. I must say that I've learned to appreciate the smallest of things, from the overcast shadows of a tree to a breezy gust of wind, nature really teaches you to be grateful for everything .


I started the trip with lots of expectations, I was expecting lots of things; a comfortable cabin lodge, a fireplace to warm ourselves and even hot chocolate. My friends thought I was insane and after seeing our base camp for the first time, I could see why they thought so. However just moments after arriving at the campsite, the heavy sun greeted us with its rustic rays. It, along with the campsite's tall pine trees painted out a cool toned canvas. It was a really beautiful sight.


We spent the next couple of days sleeping in self pitched tents, preparing and cooking our own meals. Whether or not we had a good eating or sleeping experience was determined by the amount of effort put in. We really learned survivability skills.


There were many outdoor adventurous activities Installed for us too, however halfway through the trip I came down with a inflammatory tract infection as well as some skin allergies which prevented me from doing some activities. Thankfully I had amazing friends which constantly encouraged me to not feel so down.


 Now for the main highlight of this trip, the mountain ascent. This was the main reason i signed up for the trip, to have taste of the stale high altitude air.


In one way or another, there will be instances where life will bring you down. Being an active runner, I considered myself as one of the "fitter" ones in the group. Never did I expect myself to get down with Altitude Mountain Sickness. Eventually we had to give up summiting the mountain. This was yet another timely reminder to not be complacent, to always remain humble.


I spent the next two days slowly recuperating at the base camp. As we reached our second last day we were given the opportunity to do a little community service.


It was also the day of which we finally tasted civilisation again.


This was a really insightful trip, memories made and friendships forged. I'll definitely remember this trip and even if I do forget, at least it's immortalised here on this blog. 

Comment about your Taiwan adventure in the section below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Justjoelz. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig