Monday 25 May 2015

My Yoga Journey


 When you think of yoga, what's the first thing that comes to your mind? Easy? Spiritual? Relaxing? Well the answer depends on what kind of yoga you do but one things for sure, it doesn't come easy. I believe that to excel in anything you do, hard work and consistency is required. No one is born flexible, neither are they born with immense strength. Likewise for yoga, it takes practice to hone your skills.



A couple of months ago I tried out yoga for the first time. As a runner I wanted something which could aid in my fitness and at the same time help with my flexibility. I found the perfect solution by going for the Triple Threat Boot camp at The Yoga Co. The Triple Threat Bootcamp, TTB is well known for its intensity exercises. It's a mixture between Crossfit and yoga, giving you the best of both worlds. Let's just say it wasn't as easy as I thought. 

Angie leading the Belif Yoga Summer Bootcamp

Over the course of my practices, I've learned to respect the instructors so much more. Their each and every pose tells a story, each with long hours of practice and experience.

Sandra showing us how to prepare for a split 
Below are some pics of the most recent Yoga event i went for, The Belif Summer Yoga Bootcamp

Shower products from belif
Sunscreen, facial and body products from belif
Posing after class
how's your yoga journey coming along? leave a comment in the section below!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm a chiropractor who has also practiced Yoga going on nearly 2 decades now. I find that the two disciplines really work quite well together: when you go in for regular chiropractic care, it not only improves your physical well being, but it also helps you hone your focus and be much more "still" and in the moment. This heightened stillness improves one's yoga, and it all works together harmoniously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In 2009, a Harvard Health Publications newsletter called the "Harvard Mental Health Letter" reviewed a number of studies involving yoga, anxiety and depression. Minh Hue Net

    ReplyDelete

© Justjoelz. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig