Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Hong Kong homestay



This trip to Hong Kong marked the beginning of my solo adventures. It was my first time travelling solo, with neither my friends nor family. It was a 5-day trip in between my final exams. Rather than being anxious for my papers, I was exhilarated; I couldn't wait to explore a foreign land all by myself.
              
Took a 4 hour direct flight on board Cathay Pacific Airways
I intended to stay in a hostel but due to a flight delay and some unforeseen circumstances, I eventually stayed at a friend’s place. I met my friend Steven during my internship at Cathay Pacific Airways and I’m glad we kept in contact! During my short stay, Steven was still schooling at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) so i seized the opportunity to experience varsity life as a Hong Kong local!

HKUST's famous garden walkway
Apart from their famous dim sum and streets, Hong Kong is also well known for their vast contrast in infrastructure.

Notice the contrast between the developed shops (bottom) and undeveloped housing estates (Top)
The different colours and advertorials of the local trams caught my attention. Eventually I ended up taking the tram to an unknown location just for the sake of experiencing the local transport journey.
Daily means of transportation for both locals and foreigners
Interior view of the tram
During winter season it gets really cold and wet in Hong Kong, mists and slight drizzles will occur almost every day.
This was taken at the top of "The Peak Hong Kong"
Looking back, I really had an incredible time in Hong Kong. I took lots of beautiful photos and had ton of sumptuous meals. I still cannot believe how daring I was to go travelling in the midst of exams, but hey what is an adventure without some risks?

Death-Defying Air Jump
How was your hongkong trip? Fill me in on the details here!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hey, your pictures are great! What camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete

© Justjoelz. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig