Saturday 26 September 2015

Bali adventures


Bali gives off a really chill and laid-back atmosphere. Majority of the people I met along the way were there for the same reason; for rest and relaxation. Bali also offers a wide a variety of activities. There are mountains for you to climb, waves for you to surf and temples for you to visit. However, the more popular activities would have to be the meditation and Yoga courses. 



I did multiple dive trips around Kuta and Nusa Penida in hopes to spot the famous Mola Mola of Bali. Though I wasn't able to spot them, I had a brilliant time doing wreck dives and cave dives; an experience I will never forget. 



Just the southern part of bali alone has so much to offer. Ubud, famous for their yoga, cooking and meditation programmes is the perfect place for one to rejuvenate and revitalise themselves, from massages to foot reflexology's you can find the best of them in Ubud village. Ubud is also well known for its Monkey Forest temple, whereby monkeys are free to roam around and interact with the tourists. Being also located close by to the Uluwatu cliffs which offers fantastic sea views, it is definitely worth visiting while you are there. 



I would describe Canggu as a really chill and laid back surf town. I was there for a weekend with two friends and It was probably the most chill weekend I had throughout my stay in Bali. I spent the days there eating, surfing and sleeping. The simple repetitive surfing lifestyle that the locals lead there was an eye opening first time experience for me.




Kuta, which is also in the South is probably the most popular destination for tourists. Apart from being close to the airport, it offers wide array of sea activities. From surfing to para-sailing and even fly boarding! You'll get them all. When my volunteering began, I had less time to explore, but despite that i still managed to do multiple interesting activities. I stayed in a beautiful beach house which was just beside the sea.



Because of our amazing location, i did tons of activities in the sea. On some days, I would wake up at 3am in the morning to join the local fishermen for their daily fishing trips. I was taught the fishing techniques of jigging and hunting of octopus as well as to release a sail and direct the boat to shore; a marvellous experience it was. 




Boating out for sunrises and swimming in the sun kissed sunset waters, I've done them all. Snorkelling in the sea after class? Well I checked that off the list as well. My only regret was not being able to swim at midnight to see the glowing planktons, but I'm still content as I would never have done these activities had I not interacted with the local villagers living by the sea. 




Apart from these daily activities which I did during my volunteer Programme, I spent the weekends exploring the the offshore islands as well as the northern parts of Bali. On one weekend, the volunteers and I went to Lovina and Singaraja to trek the waterfalls. During our trip there, we managed to spot Dolphins at sunrise, 




On another weekend, we went to the Gili Islands. The Gili's comprise of 3 separate islands; Gili Trawangan, Gili Air and Gili Meno. As we only had 4 days and 3 nights to spare, we only went to Gili T and Gili Air. Each of the islands are really small and can be circumnavigated within 60-90 minutes. Because of the size, no motorised vehicles are allowed; the only form of transportation around the island apart from your feet are bicycles and and horses. 




All 3 islands island beautiful yet different in their own way. Gili T, is well known for its night life. During the day, most Travellers would either chill and sunbathe by the beautiful beaches or snorkel and dive in the pristine clear blue waters.




Gili Air the smallest of the three is a really peaceful island. There aren't any nightclubs on Gili Air, just bars. While we were at Gili Air, we spent our time there enjoying the waters and the wildlife in it. We embraced the sunset while having a couple drinks by the beach; a moment I revisit all the time.




To sum it up, I would describe my experience in Bali with the word beautiful. The people I met, the things I've seen and foods I ate; Bali has been amazing and it has fixed what I didn't realise was broken.


 
Any questions for me? Comment and ask about it below! 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Justjoelz. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig